All around the internet people are CRAZY about S'mores... and so is my husband. I have seen s'mores cupcakes, s'mores cookies, s'mores brownies, s'mores trifles, and s'mores pie. This make me want to join into the insanity and make some s'mores, too! Allen and I decided on me making a s'mores pie. I searched all over and found this recipe from A Southern Fairytale. Her recipe looked really easy and tasty!
First, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Then, make the graham cracker crust. Mix: 4 Tbsp of butter melted, 1/4 cup of sugar, and 1/2 cup of graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of your pie plate and press flat. I used the bottom of my measuring cup. Bake for 12 minutes.
While the the crust is baking get out a big bowl and mix 2 boxes of chocolate fudge pudding, 2 cups of milk, and 1/2 container of cool whip.
Take the crust out of the oven and pour the filling onto the crust and smooth.
Next, get your mini marshmallows and top the pie.
This took forever to do in a circle but its really cute when you get finished!
Now, turn your oven to Hi BROIL, pop that baby into the oven leaving the door open and watch it closely so you can take it out when its perfectly brown!
Time to EAT! Allen's favorite part! When you cut into the pie you and hear the crunch of the mellow. That crunch it so addicting and my favorite pie. I would say make this pie just to hear the crunch!
Place the piece of pie onto a plate then ENJOY!
Recipe: S'mores Pudding Pie
- 1/4 C sugar
- 4 Tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 C graham cracker crumbs
- 2 boxes chocolate fudge pudding
- 2 C milk
- 1/2 tub of cool whip
- 2 C mini marshmallows
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Mix 1/2 C of graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 C sugar, and 4 Tbsp of butter melted in a pie plate and flatten with the bottom of a measuring cup. Bake for 12 minutes.
- While baking, mix 2 boxes of chocolate fudge pudding and 2 C milk until smooth. Then, fold in 1/2 tub of cool whip.
- Take crust out of oven and place the filling onto the crust.
- Top pie with marshmallow.
- Turn oven on broil, place pie in oven, leave door open, and watch pie brown. Take out when top with toasted.