Thursday, April 23, 2015

CSA BOX Week 1

Hello All!

Like I was talking about in this post. My family and I are getting CSA boxes weekly from Two Dog Farms and Salad Days Produce.

Going to the farm I was very excited and a little nervous. It was the first box that I was going to get from them and I get a little nervous about everything. So, we pulled up to the farm. I really like going to the farm. It let's me see where they work and how the run things. There on the little porch was Dorothy sitting waiting to fix boxes for the veggie consumers. Her husband, Van, was also there working around the farm. It was very relaxing. Dorothy loaded my box and the other consumer's box and I left.

Here is what I received:

Hydroponic Cucumbers
1/2 Dozen of Yard Eggs sourced from Flora, MS
Radishes



Kohlrabi

Bok Choy

Broccoli
Collard Greens

Green Onions with Scapes
Hydroponic Lettuce









Endive














I am super excited about all of these wonderful things. I think I am the most excited about the Kohlrabi! I am have never had it before and can not wait until I find out how it tastes.

Until next week!

-Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment