Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Spicy Sausage and Spinach Pasta

I was looking on pinterest earlier today and ran into this gem. It's was called Spicy Sausage Pasta from Kevin and Amanda. I thought it looked wonderful and cheesy. Just what my husband enjoys. I read through the ingredents and thought I could wing it from what was in the kitchen if i just changed a few things. I used cajun sausage, added frozen spinach, and used mozzarella. Like I said that that is just what I had on hand and I wanted to add a veggy. I left off the green onions because neither of us like them.

I hope that you try this recipe out and it is a hit in your household. Allen really enjoyed it! :D


Spicy Sausage and Spinach Pasta

  • 6 oz  -- Cajun Sausage
  • 1/2 medium onion 
  • 6 oz -- frozen spinach
  • 1 can -- rotel
  • 2 cups -- chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup -- whole milk
  • 8 oz -- pasta
  • 1 cup -- mozzarella 
  • 1/4 tsp -- garlic powder
  • salt and pepper to taste
  1. Slice sausage in half long ways and thin slice into thin half moons. Dice onion into small pieces. Cook sausage in a skillet on medium until golden brown. Add the onions and cook until they are also golden brown. Then, add the frozen spinach and cook until the spinach has melted. 
  2. Add the can of rotel, chicken broth, whole milk, garlic powder, and pasta. Bring to a boil, place a lid on your skillet and simmer on low until the pasta is cooked through (about 15 minutes). 
  3. Uncover and taste and then add the salt and pepper you think it needs. Top with mozzarella and let it get melty and wonderful. 
  4. Enjoy! (This makes 4 servings. Nutitional facts from caloriecount.com.)

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size
1 serving (447.5 g)
Amount Per Serving
Calories
429
Calories from Fat
150
% Daily Value*
Total Fat
16.7g
26%
Saturated Fat
6.4g
32%
Trans Fat
0.0g
Cholesterol
110mg
37%
Sodium
1128mg
47%
Total Carbohydrates
47.6g
16%
Dietary Fiber
2.4g
10%
Sugars
8.8g
Protein
22.3g
Vitamin A 89%Vitamin C 33%
Calcium 34%Iron 24%
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

No comments:

Post a Comment