Monday, January 27, 2014

Asian Green Beans

When I lived in Oxford and went to school at The University of Mississippi, I would visit a Chinese restaurant there and we always got the green beans. My best friend and I would have an afternoon late lunch date there at least once a week. We would fill a plate with just green beans. They were so good. Unfortunately, I graduated and moved away. That the bad thing about graduating and moving away, you move away from the food that you come to know and love. I have been trying for a few years now to recreate those green beans and I think that I have done it now.

I hope that you enjoy! :D I know I did!


Asian Green Beans 

  • 1/2 lb of 'haricot vert' green beans
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • 1/4 tsp of ginger, grated
  • 2 tbsp of butter
  • 2 tbsp of water
  • 3 tbsp of soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp of sugar
  • 1/2 tsp of black pepper
  • 1 pinch of red pepper flake
  • 1 tsp of onion powder



  1. Heat your skillet (medium) and melt 2 tbsp of butter with the garlic and ginger then, toss in your green beans and cook for a few minutes. 
  2. Add 2 tbsp of water, 3 tbsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp of sugar, 1/2 tsp of black pepper, 1 pinch of red pepper flakes, and 1/4 tsp onion powder. 
  3. Cook of medium low until the beans are tender. 
  4. Enjoy! (This make 2 servings. Nutritional facts from caloriecount.com.)


Nutrition Facts
Serving Size
1 serving (90.9 g)
Amount Per Serving
Calories
149
Calories from Fat
104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat
11.6g
18%
Saturated Fat
7.3g
36%
Cholesterol
31mg
10%
Sodium
983mg
41%
Total Carbohydrates
10.6g
4%
Dietary Fiber
0.5g
2%
Sugars
7.2g
Protein
1.8g
Vitamin A 8%Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 2%Iron 4%
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

No comments:

Post a Comment